I moped around the house for a couple days and stayed in bed a lot. Then I got up and did some hard angry work.
I took out the 10" electric tiller that I bought a few months ago for work in small spaces and attacked the area where I want to plant 200 daffofdl bulbs. That didn't work out too well. The tall grass wrapped around the tiller blades. So I spent 15 minutes cutting and pulling them loose. Then took out my weed whacker and cut all the grass to ground level. Then went after the soil again.
That didn't work out any better. The ROOTS just wrapped around the tiller blades. So I removed THEM. It was rather therapeutic. Burned off some anger. I attacked them with a ground digger knife and pliers and by hand.
But the small electric tiller is obviously only designed for bare ground and flowers. So I pulled out the big gas one. Which wouldn't start. Old dried gas I suspect. I'll try it again tomorrow after some new gas has a chance to dissolve the old gas. And if that doesn't work, I can take apart the carburator. I learned a trick from a repairman about shooting spray carburator cleaner into the system that often works. Failing that, it goes to a local repair shop for real repair and tune up, and it has been a few years so it needs it.
I did get a lot of angry energy used up pulling on the starter rope.
The manual rotary mower wouldn't start either and I read online that that usually means the blade disengagement bar on the handle is stuck. I couldn't find anything wrong with it, so that has to go for professional work too.
I better check the snowblower too. When you need it is NOT the time to go looking for fast repairs.
I have a small cast iron Lodge grill good for cooking a couple of steaks at a time. I didn't use it for a couple of years. I stayed under my covered smoker grill, and with a cover of it's own. I pulled it out a few weeks ago and it was COMPLETELY rusted under 2 covers!
Perfect "angry energy" project! I wirebrushed that sucker for 3 hours. THAT got a lot of anger out. Still wasn't good enough. It will never be free of rust again. But I have a 1,000F temperature wood stove Rust-Oleum paint I can use on most of it.
According to online advice, the cooking surface will have to be soaking in 50% white vinegar and water for 4 hours, rubbed dry with a clean cloth, and then oiled and seasoned in a 300F oven like any new cast iron skillet. If that all works, I will buy a tightly sealed plastic bin to keep it in afterwards. If it doesn't, I'll buy a new one. Maybe I can just buy a cooking rack replacement.
I had a nice little steel one decades ago. Just the right size for 6 charcoal briquets and one steak. I wish I still had that. I can't find one like it. Some stuff just seems to disappear over the years. Maybe it burned through the bottom. I can't recall.
Still need some projects to burn off "angry energy". Maybe it is time to bring out the steel spade and start scraping under the roots of weedy grass in the flower garden. I still can't kneel well, but if I sit on the ground and push on the back of the spade with my feet, that should work.