Monday, October 19, 2015

Oh I Did A Stupid...

I kept calling the car dealership yesterday.  Kept leaving messages with the Service Department.  Got at the online chat help, etc, to try and get an answer to a battery problem...

It was Sunday... I thought it was Monday...  ERK!  No wonder no one answered the phones...

Being retired is like that sometimes.


When I retired, I told my co-workers I didn't want some fake gold plaque, I wanted a big digital display gadget that simply showed the day of the week!  This is why.

LOL!

And yes there IS this...
And YES, I did just order this...  It wasn't available when I retired.  Trust me, I searched...

What annoys me is that some time in the future, there will be a version that shows the YEAR.  And I will buy IT...

For you younger ones, don't laff TOO loud; for you there will be an App for that...   And you'll buy it.    Well, OK, you will just ask your implant what day it is.  But you get the idea...   ;)


"They're coming to take me away ho ho he he ha ha
To the happy home with trees and flowers and chirping birds

And basket weavers who sit and smile and twiddle their thumbs and toes
They're coming to take me away ha ha."


I hope.
Its a joke,
But you never noke.

. Mark

1 comment:

Megan said...

Oh, I get ya, Mark. My husband and I work from home and we work on whatever days the work needs to be done. This means that Sunday can be just like Monday for us - even to the extent that our neighbours are so quiet that even though they have more regular jobs and go to work Monday-Friday and are at home on Saturday and Sunday, we don't notice whether they're around or not.

Winters are a little different, as I like to watch football matches on TV - and that's Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Summers? Could be any day of the week.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Dr Visit

I put off the annual exams because of Covid, but went today (been 6 years, actually).  More questions from the Dr than I remember from past ...