Sunday, September 15, 2013

Washington DC Pro Sports

Well, actually, the only two I really bother with are baseball and football.  My apologies to fans of other sports, but basketball is too much a contact sport these days, soccer is too boring to watch (and I even played it), hockey is unfathomable to me, tennis just doesn't seem to work as a team sport, and my interest in my alma mater (Univ of MD) is pretty much gone since they are moving to an out-of-area conference where they will be cellar-dwellers for a decade until they leave in shame.

And neither of the two I have followed are looking promising.  The Nationals are setting themselves on fire at the very end of the season, but it's too little too late.  Something like a 5% chance of them getting into the playoffs.  And with Atlanta coming to town next, that should pretty much end it. 

The Washington football team (with the team name I will not use) looks like it is setting up its fans for a seriously depressing season of falling behind at first and mounting a great comeback attempt that falls short each game.

So it looks like my evenings will be free of baseball until the World Series and the next 14 Sundays will be free for shopping at "guy-stores ".  Seriously, the best possible time to shop at a home project store is during a local NFL game!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Wanna watch a football game that's really worth watching, Mark? The Australian Rules football season has reached the finals (playoffs) here in Australia. I wonder if you might be able to find at least the grand final somewhere on a cable channel. It's scheduled for Saturday week. It's a simply sensational sport to watch - loads of action, speed and skill. Leaves gridiron for dead. The key problem is that once you've watched one game, you'll never bother watching gridiron again. Or perhaps you can watch it online - see http://www.afl.com.au/mobile

Check out a 2 minute overview at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MY0vCUBg-0

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyuUJHhdYus

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Found The Missing Camera

I found it in the washing machine.  Which doesn't make sense.  Knowing it was missing, and looking for it everywhere, I took all the clo...