Sunday, July 28, 2013

Stream Of Semi-Conciousness

You shouldn't have to take a shower at 7:30 AM after being up all night when you are retired.

It started with playing Risk online all night.  Then, at dawn, I decided I was tired of having people drop by to see if I was selling the boat or the trailer, so I decided to move them both into the backyard (inside the fence) out of sight.

Easier said than done!  Its really hard for one person to get the car's trailer hitch and the boat or hauling trailer hitch lined up.  Both are TOO DAMN HEAVY to lift and move around.

So I spent a good (bad?) quarter hour getting the boat attached to the car.  Then drove it into the backyard.  THEN spent another quarter hour trying to get it backed into the spot I had in mind.  Then the trailer support pipe was too low to put a cinder block under so I had to find scrap wood wide enough to support the weight on the ground.  THEN unhitched the boat trailer from the car (breathing fumes from the car because I didn't want to keep turning it on and off).

Then I repeated the whole joyful process with the hauling trailer, except that I can't SEE the trailer as I back it into position unless I prop myself up on the seat and that causes cramps in my side muscles which are REALLY painful and DAMN I hate that.

And IT was too low to put a cinder block under the thing that raises and lowers the support, the name of which escapes me at the moment, so I needed MORE boards to keep that pipe from pushing into the ground.

And the whole process took 2 hours when I REALLY wanted to be in bed asleep but I sure hope my neighbors will STOP asking me if they are for sale...  Out of sight, out of mind, I hope.

And NO, I'm not "that guy" in the neighborhood with the dead car up on cinderblocks, (the cinderblocks should be painted a matching house color; just kidding, LOL)!  I'm just the guy with the organic well-mowed and landscaped yard who doesn't happen to use his boat or half-rebuilt trailer very often... So I'll rebuild the trailer in the back yard and leave it there until I use it again.  I prefer to do my work out of sight anyway.  I should have moved the boat and the trailer into the backyard months ago.

HMMPHHH!

Now it's 8 am and I'm trying to decide whether to just stay up today and get some other work done in the yard or go to bed and get up at 4 pm and blow the whole day!  If I stay up, I'll kind of collapse around 8 pm  and wake up at 4 AM, so I'm pretty much screwed up either way today.

I think I'll play with the cats for a while then clean house until lunchtime.  After that it's a roll of the dice... 

3 comments:

Katie Isabella said...

GO TO BED!!!

Mariodacatsmom said...

Hopefully you caught up on some sleep as Katie suggested.

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

When there's a choice, I always choose sleep, lol! it's hard to regret sleep, but it's easy to regret feeling so stinking tired that your head hurts!

Adventures In Driving

 Last month, my cable box partially died, so they sent a replacement.  But they wanted the old one back anyway.  The store in town only hand...