Saturday, July 13, 2013

Let There Be Light!

No offence intended but my bathroom is interior and light has always been an issue.  It came to a head when I bought a new sagegreen bath towel and it looked dead gray on the towel rack.  So I also bought a bright blue towel that matched the fancy marine fish shower curtain and it looked PURPLE!

OK, I decided to get some daylight in there.  No, not a skylight, just "daylight" bulbs.  I figured there were regular incandescent daylight bulbs, but I couldn't find any.  I had to get compact fluorescent bulbs.

WHAT a difference!  The color of both towels sprung to life.  Now, I don't want to suggest that the color of my towels defines my life.  But it WAS annoying that they looked so different than in daylight and I never saw a problem I didn't want to fix.

And don't get me wrong about the towels either.  I'm both genetically and by upbringing used to going "cheap", but my escape is that I go by value rather than price.  The $13 towels at Walmart and Target are as good as the $30 ones at Bed, Bath&Beyond.  Soft, absorbent, oversize and 100% top cotton.  I'm glad to see the true colors of the new towels.

But, OMG, I'm going to need to clean the bathroom a lot more often!!!  And forgive me if I won't explain why...

But the towel color with regular incandescent and "daylight fluorescent"?

Big difference, huh?



6 comments:

Tina T-P said...

Hmmm - maybe that's my problem - ha ha ha...

Pretty green towel - Any green is my fav. T.

Catio Tales said...

Brilliant - I should do the same thing here!
And I also should clean the bathroom more often.....

Katie Isabella said...

I have REALLY learned to love the daylight bright white flouresent. I hate the ones they make that mock incandescent. Yellow looking.

Katnip Lounge said...

We installed some new lights a few months ago--they are really nice during winter! Wait and you'll see.

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Wow, huge difference!

Megan said...

What a difference - bugger about having to clean though.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Adventures In Driving

 Last month, my cable box partially died, so they sent a replacement.  But they wanted the old one back anyway.  The store in town only hand...