Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Ouch, Ouch, Ouch!

So,  I realized that I left some tools outside a few hours ago and went trotting out to put them away.  I forget the rule of never leaving anything on the steps (even the outside ones).  I had stacked some small wooden blocks on the lower deck steps.  I would have been ok, as they were sheltered by some pavers blocks I am used to being there, but one wood piece seems to have fallen over.





I stepped on the corner of it and lost my balance.  Normally, that would have been OK; I am a bit agile even when falling.  But there were those pavers and bricks stacked up.  My left wrist smacked the pavers.  My wrist is fine, (well there IS a nice linear bruise from the watch)  but my watch isn't.  Lost a pin!  The watch flops around.  So I taped it in place, LOL!  It won't win any fashion contests but it's OK until I get a replacement pin.



I know that this seems all lighthearted, but I was actually THIS close to breaking my wrist, knocking out a tooth, breaking my ankle, or putting out an eye (I found myself staring at a paver corner real up close and personal).  And my ankle is sore.  I COULD have broken it but it feels better already.  Still sore though.  I'm lucky on stuff like that.

But I've removed all the stuff on the deck stair.  If you have stuff on any stairs, do the same.  You really don't want to look at the hard corner of a paver stone from an inch away...

5 comments:

Megan said...

Yikes!

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Just Ducky said...

Becarful, TBT.

Tina T-P said...

Holy cats!

Are we gonna have to get you one of those "Help I've fallen and I can't giddy-up" thingy's ?

Glad you weren't injured any more than you were. T.

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Yikes! Glad you're ok! for the most part anyway.

Unknown said...

I fall, a lot. In 2001, I was in a car accident and broke one of those little bones in your inner ear and when I start to fall, its down I go! I don't often "just fall over" any more, but I still fall more than average, so there is nothing left around on the stairs at our house. Falling is the #2 cause of death and injury world ide and the #1 cause for those over 45.

Adventures In Driving

 Last month, my cable box partially died, so they sent a replacement.  But they wanted the old one back anyway.  The store in town only hand...