Thursday, February 14, 2013

Playing Risk

Risk is a brutal board game.  4 or 5 players all determined to obliterate you country by country, continent by continent.

I often join games in progress in weak positions because, quite frankly, improving a position is more fun to me than winning outright, and on rare occasions I do win. 

Tonight I won a terrible brutal nerve-racking game right on the last battle, and I recalled a Gahan Wilson cartoon from many years ago.  I love the clean unlethal internet/boardgames, but I always keep in mind that there is a reality of what the game is about.

I always think of this...

"I THINK I WON"!


Gahan Wilson was a genious...

3 comments:

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

lol, congratulations!

Unknown said...

I used to LOVE that game. have not had anybody to play with for years though...since the kids left home.
Do you play on line or the board game?

Tina T-P said...

Hmmm - sort of like North Korea?...

Refrigerator Troubles

You may recall I was planning to have a new refrigerator delivered tomorrow.   The deal was that I would have the new one in the kitchen, th...