Friday, August 17, 2012

Dad, Claiming He Is COLD!

This is the clothes that Dad wears.

This is the clothes that Dad wears when he says he is "TOO COLD" in the house.
Note the thin top shirt, not even with an undershirt.  Note the thin shorts.  Note the socks even pushed down to the shoes!

This is the thermostat in the house in the house that Dad claims is TOO COLD.
And it is 80 in his bedroom and in the TV room...  And he complains about THAT.  But wait, when it is 80 in his bedroom he is happy, and when it is 80 in the TV room, it is "too cold?!


This is what I have to wear every day to keep from melting to death...  Short pants...
 Short sleeves...
And I sweat in bed every night...

This is no way to live...  But the alternative is to walk around nekkid, an no one wants THAT!

6 comments:

Katnip Lounge said...

::laughing::

How about a loincloth? (Speedos are so last year.)

I feel the same way when I visit my parents so I can totally relate.

Trish

Thumper said...

Well, in your dad's defense, if the thermostat was kept at 74 here, I'd be complaining about being cold, too. But, I would also throw on long pants and a sweatshirt, but then I haven't reached the age where complaining is my divine right ;)

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

A kilt, maybe?

Mariodacat said...

Ah yes, the battle of the thermostat! It goes on here too - I'm always warm (anything over 75 is too HOT. Don likes it warm - anything under 75 is too cold. I don't know what the solution is - - separate houses maybe? he he

Just Ducky said...

Encourage him to wear long pants and long sleeves? Maybe???

Ramblingon said...

I remember what you said about the battle to have him dress appropriately. Sigh. Bless your heart. Cats? get on him and keep him warm.

Dr Visit

I put off the annual exams because of Covid, but went today (been 6 years, actually).  More questions from the Dr than I remember from past ...