Monday, January 30, 2012

Strange Weather

The next couple of days are routinely the coldest days of the year, usually down to the teens at night (F).


Tomorrow is expected to reach 64F and Feb 1st 69F!  That's not proof of global warming, of course, strange things can happen in any given year.  And this is a strangely warm Winter by any accounting.  Heck, 50 F would be unusual.  But the 10 day forecast says it will not drop TO freezing here and that approaches the normal high.

Don't get me wrong on this, I agree that global warming is occurring, and by human actions of burning fossil fuels.  What most people don't understand is that "global warming" really means that while the average global temperature is rising, weather can become more extreme in both directions.  I can have a warmer than average Winter this year and a colder and snowier than average Winter next year (as I did 2 Winters ago).  It means weather will fluctuate to extremes because a warmer planet means larger and greater weather changes.

On the other hand, I like to think (in humor) that I haven't had any serious snowfall here for 2 Winters because I bought a snowblower machine.  ;)

2 comments:

Bella said...

Since I live in Delaware and our weather is usually just like yours I want to thank you for buying that Snow Blower!!!!!!

Katie Isabella said...

I wonder if you are on the coastal areas of you State r more inland? Here in east Tennessee we had THE warmest winter on record. It barely hit freezing and only maybe 3 times. My daffodils came up and BLOOMED in JANUARY! Unheard of. Should have neen mid March.

Refrigerator Troubles

You may recall I was planning to have a new refrigerator delivered tomorrow.   The deal was that I would have the new one in the kitchen, th...