Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mowing Again!

A few days old, but I didn't want to leave the subject of the mower repair hanging...

Yay!  I got my mower back Saturday.  I was about to haul out the old push mower, but the repair guy called Friday and said the riding one was fixed.  The grass was getting a BIT high.  Here are some pictures of the first swaths I cut...
The grass was 10" high! And I keep the blade 3" high for good grass health and weed suppression.
Another view of the tall grass.
And another.  I would have felt embarrassed, but my neighbor's grass was the same height and HIS mower is working.
It took an hour with the old push mower to get all these corners and edges mowed clean.  I sure am glad to have it back working!

My next big yard project is to reduce the amount of lawn I have...

2 comments:

Just Ducky said...

get some goats?

MTVA said...

I do so love both your blogs! It's been such fun watching lovable Marley take over the house. And I like reading about your seed starting and yard adventures here. I mowed on Monday, looks like it will have to be done again on Friday, especially since rain is supposed to happen today. Once a week is bad enough, this twice a week business is for the birds!

Adventures In Driving

 Last month, my cable box partially died, so they sent a replacement.  But they wanted the old one back anyway.  The store in town only hand...